Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Bottle for Your Tears

A Bottle for Your Tears



Psalm 56.8

Imagine that every time you shed a tear in fear, worry, despair, and concern that you would collect them in a bottle. You probably have no such container of terror, but you do carry the wounds don’t you? Scars from battles waged and struggles into seemingly insurmountable odds.

What if I told you that even though you do not collect your tears that our Father has them? Supernaturally, mystically if you will, He has a collection of every terrified tear that ran down your cheek. You did not know that He cared that much for you did you?

David faced the opportunity of sudden ruin and death at the hands of his father-in-law Saul or the potential of complete humiliation, scorn, and slow tortured disembowelment from Achish the Gathite. Now this is the definition of a rock and hard place. (You can read all about this in 1 Samuel 21-22). Amazingly David knew he had a better option available to him.

You must understand that we always have another option open. Oh, it may look like things are grim; we may even experience horrific things upon this earth that no one would choose to endure. However, we can do as David did and cry out to the Lord in faith. You may not know how the Father will come through but have faith he will.

How do I know He will come through? David wrote, “You number my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle; are they not in Your book? When I cry out to You, then my enemies will turn back; this I know, because God is for me…In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” (8-9, 11).

So go ahead cry – He will catch the tears. Sob and He will record them. But whatever you do please remember to believe that He can – and He will.

Always Enthusiastic,
Dr. Rusty Newman
(Re-print from several years ago - I hope this is a blessing to you all).

No comments:

Post a Comment