Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Exchange Policy


As a member of the male race I wish to go on record as never – ever enjoying the process of the exchange. When I purchase something my plan is for it to work, fit, make it happen, look good, and not to break. Even if it does not work, fit, make it happen, look good, and break I can find away to use it somehow. And if I can’t find a way I put my “man-card” in jeopardy.

This is a fine attitude if I am talking about socks. Trouble is many times we bring this attitude to every aspect of our lives. There are some key emotions that we need to exchange. There are some troubling issues that must be traded in for a better way. There is a pathway and pattern that must be redirected in order for us to be the Christ follower that transforms.

So what is the “exchange policy”? I suggest that it is simply a spirit and attitude of worship. Too many of us are malnourished in this area of our spirit because we sing far too little and complain far too much. Exchange your sorrows for a song of praise. Try singing a worship song in the shower. Make a joyful noise to the Lord in your morning commute. Attempt that new worship song while taking a walk.

Worship of the Almighty Majestic Ancient of Days will exchange your doldrums, pains, and sorrows. Focus on Him in song and allow him to take charge of the daily cares and concerns for an exchange. You may be pleasant surprised that this is one of the master designs of worship from the One who created you.  He longs to make this exchange for you.

Isaiah 61
1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, 2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,
3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

Sounds like a great exchange policy to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment