Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Find the Missing Key



Romans 5:20-21 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

God says you're lovable. This is so important because you can't fulfill God's commandment to "love your neighbor as yourself" until you believe this. If you don't feel lovable, you can't love anybody else.  (Lev. 19:18; Matthew 5:43; Matthew 19:19; Matthew 22:39; Mark 12:31; Luke 10:27; Romans 13:9, Galatians 5:14; James 2:8)

God loves you consistently -- He doesn't love you one day and not the next. He doesn't love you on your good days and not on your bad days. God is 100% consistent in his love for you.

Grace has a PlanProverbs 3:34b …gives grace to the humble.  
Romans 3:24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses, [but] grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
Galatians 2:20-21  "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the [life] which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness [comes] through the law, then Christ died in vain."

Grace has a place 2 Corinthians 1:12 For our boasting is this: the testimony of our conscience that we conducted ourselves in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God, and more abundantly toward you.
Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then [it is] no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if [it is] of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

God loves you unconditionally -- He says, "I will always love you and it is unconditional. You don't earn it." He doesn't say, "I love you if you're good, or if you do these things, or because you look this way or you do these things."
Grace is personal   1 Corinthians 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God [which was] with me.
Romans 5:20-21 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

“God rejoices. Not because the problems of the world have been solved, not because all human pain and suffering have come to an end, not because thousands of people have been converted and are now praising him for his goodness. No, God rejoices because one of his children who was lost has been found.” Henri Nouwen

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; [it is] the gift of God,

You never have to wake up in the morning and say, "God, are you going to love me today? Did I read my Bible enough? Did I pray enough?" He loves you consistently no matter who you are or what you do.

What is the result when you really understand this? Daniel 10:19 says "God loves you, so don't let anything worry you or frighten you." When I don't have to worry or be afraid of anything, then I am free to give love to everyone around me.
{Modern parable of Jesus found in the Boston Globe June 1990 (from Philip Yancey What’s so amazing about Grace) a lady and her fiancĂ© that booked a downtown Hyatt hotel for their wedding banquet – cost of $13,000. They had to put ½ down payment – printed announcements – the day the announcements to be mailed the groom got cold feet – “I’m not so sure…” the angry former fiancĂ© went to the Hyatt to cancel and discovered the payment was non-refundable…so she decided that she would instead throw a party. She changed the menu to include “Boneless chicken” in honor of the groom! And invited those who would not be welcome anywhere…homeless shelters and rescue missions received invitations to the formal dinner.  Bag ladies, vagrants, and addicts took a night off from hard times and celebrated}
We too have an invitation to dine with Jesus everyday…

No comments:

Post a Comment