Friday, February 7, 2014

Playing Games?


I love how people try to figure out our God. They play this game with him. You know it is based on weights and balances. It goes like this – if I am more righteous than unrighteous then God will do things for me. So, if I am godly then I will not have any troubles at all. This leads them to believe that when someone then has troubles in their life they must not be godly.

I think all this sounds great. It is naive but it sounds really great. Let me clear up some thinking for myself. God is not a game player. He cannot be mocked. He has a system by which he processes our life spiritually. And many times the greatest spiritual growth in our lives comes through times of great difficulties. So, then troubles in someone’s life is not necessarily an indication of unrighteousness.

Listen to the Psalm of David #37. The LORD rescues the godly; he is their fortress in times of trouble. (Psalm 37: 39). Did you see it too? Jehovah is rescuing the godly as a fortress when they have troubles. So, the godly have trouble. The good news for the godly in trouble is that Jehovah is the fortress of salvation for us.

Embrace your rescue today!

No comments:

Post a Comment