Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ready or Not Here I come

Psalm 32.7

When my children where little they loved to play hide and seek. There was always something fun about hiding from me. But I think the fun for them was the security that dad would look for them.

If you have small children they most likely played the game the same way. You start to count and then they go hide in the middle of the room. Or hide behind the sofa with their faces sticking out to see you when you come their way. And of course, who can forget the giggles and snickering erupting with every close step.

As I was reading this morning’s P.O.D. cast from God (Psalm Of the Day), I was taken back to these incent games of summer. Would you like to go back and play hide and seek again? It maybe that right now you are in desperate need of hiding away for a moment.

Stress, pressure, pain, emotions of the past and even shame bombard us. Enemies, tragedies, and the inequities of life can seemingly surround us. Where do you go then? What is your safe place? Who is your refuge?

The world announces loudly, “Ready or Not – Here I COME!!”

Have you found your hiding place?

King David wrote, “You are my hiding place; you shall preserve me from trouble; you shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah.” (32:7). So go ahead and hide in plain sight – as long as you hide in Jesus. Now that you are secure in Him relax, enjoy, and let yourself go in Him. What is that I hear? Did you just giggle? Its okay I did too.

Always Enthusiastic,
Dr. Rusty Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment