Sunday, May 3, 2009

What’s wrong with you?

Psalm 3

Sitting in the doctor’s office suffering from congestion and yuck I was in no mood to talk with anyone. When sinus pressure hits it is hard for me to even lift up my eyes. It’s a weight a struggle to function.

The door open and a young man scuttled inside. Obviously, from the pulling of his left leg he was handicapped. You could not tell it from his face. As he and mom took their seats to wait she asked him if he was hungry. He smiled and asked what she had in mind. You can have anything you want! He said I want French fries and a shake.

Then lifting his shirt she untapped his feeding tube, placed the funnel on top and handed him the can to open. He fumbled and fiddled with the top and eventually opened the can with much difficulty. But, oh what a smile! As the fluid was poured into the tube mom asked him how it tasted. He smiled, “It’s the best French fry I’ve ever had.”

Finished with the meal, mom slipped to the back to clean the funnel. She handed him a small deck of cards to shuffle. As she went through the door he looked at me.

“Hi, my name is Billy. What’s yours?”
“Rusty”
“Hi, Rusty, what’s wrong with you?”
“I’m sick”
“Me too, Want to play cards?”
“No sorry.”
“That’s okay, I’ll come to you. Your sick.” And we played go fish.

So what’s wrong with you? You got troubles? You got problems? How about enemies?

Lord, how they have increased who have troubled me! Many are they who rise up against me. Many are they who say of me, There is no help for him in God.
But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts my head.


So, now what’s wrong with you? He is your shield in times of trouble, difficulties, and yes – pressure. Go to him today. Go to the One who alone can lift you!

Always Enthusiastic,
Dr. Rusty Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment