Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Are we picking teams?

Psalms 70.5

If you were in charge of picking teams for a great contest of strength who would you look to first? Most of us honestly would look to the folks who are trim, fit, and even muscular. You know the ones who look the part.


Amazingly, the Father is in the selection business. However, he has a different category of contestant that he is attracted to. He looks not for the strong, self-confident, and fit. No he seems to be attracted to the ones who are weak, poor, and even needy.


Now I don’t know about you but this doesn’t seem like that great of a dream team. But to the Father it is the perfect mixture of non-talent. He is drawn to those who need him. And last time I checked, regardless of your physical structure, we all need him. The difference is some of us come to realize this fact and call upon his name.


Lord, thank you for being drawn to us when we are poor, needy, and helpless. I am so grateful that your team is mighty because of your strength and not ours. I am so glad that when we are down you are up. When we are out you are in. When we resign you never quit!


“But I am poor and needy; make haste to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay.”


Always Enthusiastic,

Dr. Rusty Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment